A 3 day training course for new and aspiring managers, moving into a line manager position in the not so distant future, to gain the knowledge and skills to manage others effectively by motivating and delegating. This training provides the opportunity for learners to understand how to manage others, by motivating and delegating in a safe environment. By using a variety of training methods learners will gain new skills and produce a personal action plan to implement in their own workplace.
This training can also be run over 5 days.
What you will learn
Examples of key topics that can be covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Communication styles.
- What happens when you are under pressure.
- Values, beliefs and feelings.
- Leadership versus management.
- Situational leadership.
- Groups versus teams.
- Developing others and empowerment.
- Questioning and listening skills.
- Learning ladder.
- Skill/will matrix.
- Time management.
- Managing through change.
- Training, coaching and mentoring.
- Coaching techniques.