A 2 day hazardous area classification course introduces delegates to both IGEM/GM/7A and 7B. Assisted by our bespoke course handout, each learner receives all the information they require to help them become more confident and ultimately, more competent in completing DSEAR surveys. They are instructed to navigate and understand each flowchart, table and classification chart contained within IGEM/GM/7B which enables them to successfully classify commercial gas metering installations.
What you will learn
Upon completion of the course, each learner shall be able to:
- Identify the correct parameters of scope IGEM/GM/7B.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the various zone requirements.
- State the ventilation requirements for commercial installations to relevant industry standards.
- Demonstrate how to calculate various ventilator types.
- Calculate total free area ventilation as a percentage of the floor area.
- Calculate total free area ventilation as a percentage of the greatest surface area (Meter banks).
- Correctly identify the ventilation requirements for habitable spaces (building regulations).
- Identify installations which can be classified simply due to design.
- Demonstrate how to apply the correct hazardous area classification to a meter housing.
- Demonstrate applying correct classification using notional equivalent to a meter installation within larger room.
- List the zoning distances for both ideal and non-ideal relief vent pipework termination.
- Identify any electrical issues onsite in accordance with IGEM/GM/7A.
- Demonstrate correct application of IGEM/GM/7 to complete hazardous area risk assessment using Meter Asset Manager specific documentation. Please note: Meter Asset Manager Specific procedure must align with IGEM Documentation.