Network Construction Operations Water Level 2 Main Laying (NCO2WM)
Course for NCO1 Water Assistants looking to upskill to Level 2 and operatives and supervisors with onsite experience who require skills in in identification, cutting, laying and jointing of water mains for self-lay organisations, water network asset owners and WIRS registered companies.
Learners must have their EUSR Water SHEA and National Water Hygiene card prior to completion of the qualification.
5 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Confidence relevant skills, knowledge and understanding required to cut, joint and lay water mains up to 315mm.
- Better communication with colleagues and assessment of risk.
Benefits for the employer
- Competent employees.
- Compliance with industry standards, registration with EUSR.
- Employers can remotely access digital portfolios to review progression of their learners at any time.
What you’ll learn on this course
A review of relevant current technical information is followed by practical demonstrations, exercises and assessments (if required) in:
- The identification of pipes and fittings.
- How to prepare the pipe bed.
- Pipe cutting and jointing methods used for ductile iron and PE.
- Laying and jointing ductile iron and PE pipes.
- Butt and electrofusion jointing methods.
- Mechanical jointing methods.
- The use of thrust blocks.
- Protective coatings and cathodic protection.
- Hygienic working practices including company specific SSOW (if required).
- Carry alterations to existing mains by the insertion of Sluice Valves, Hydrants and tees.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring a helmet, high visibility clothing, safety boots and safety glasses, overalls and working gloves.
- Learners should bring their EUSR ID if applicable.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The course consists of a practical demonstration and assessment of practical skills.
- Learners and assessors agree a timetable to complete the collation of evidence, to meet the requirements of the client.
- Learners and assessors complete an electronic portfolio of evidence allowing more efficient assessment, verification and storage of supporting evidence. Employers can access an overview of progress at any time.
- Following the course a number of observed assessments are planned in the workplace to provide the necessary evidence to meet the standards of the qualification. The number will depend upon experience. (Please note that late cancellation of observed assessments may incur further fees to achieve completion).
- This course incorporates assessment and certification for the Level 2 Diploma in Network Construction Operations (Water) - Main Layer awarded by CABWI.
- Upon successful achievement of the qualification it is registered with the EUSR database.
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.
May 2021 - John Jones
Greg was a really helpful trainer, kept it fun whilst teaching us all throughout the course.
August 2020 - Max Jackson
Phil Frost the trainer made this course one of the most enjoyable I have done.
January 2020 - Harry Anthony Spittal
The assessor was patient and clear at all times
October 2019 - John Harris
The food was good and trainer helped the course be enjoyable.