Thermostatic Mixing Valves (WS13)
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Greater understanding of mixing valves, operation and testing.
Benefits for the employer
- Safety of end users.
- Compliance with legal and advisory standards.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Water Systems Safety - background.
- Hot water systems - scalding hazards.
- Legal and advisory documents (including HTM requirements for the healthcare sector).
- Point of use mixing.
- Group centralised mixing.
- Correct use and testing of digital thermometers.
- Commissioning servicing and testing of thermostatic valves: (1) correct temperature, (2) fail-safe testing.
- Recording information.
- Fault finding.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The course is delivered in the classroom.
- Where possible we will use local water systems to put the course materials in to context.
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Accredited Scheme.
April 2022 - James
I feel that a training rig of TMVs for the practical would be a big benefit to this course
March 2022 - Corey Bradshaw
January 2022 - Ben wood
Trainer Dan very good delivered training , 3rd time visiting venue.
November 2021 - Stuart Murdoch
Excellent trainer knowledge and delivery. Would benefit from a practical rig set up
August 2021 - Keith Browning
Rupert delivered the course superbly, very thorough and made it easy to understand
February 2020 - Andy Chalmers
The friendly nature and delivery of the course.
February 2020 - Luke Peter Hamill
Good class and easy to follow course materials
January 2020 - Christopher Thomas Hendry
hands on training.
January 2020 - John Donaldson
striping down various TMVs
January 2020 - Mark Bishop
All the event
January 2020 - Charlotte Louise Curtis
Good clear delivery of the course
January 2020 - Andrew Thomas
The teacher was a credit to develop training. Very good at how he taught us .
January 2020 - Jamie Frost
Relaxing atmosphere Learning technique And well presented
January 2020 - Nicholas Gary Sherwood
Learning bits about TMVs that i never knew about
January 2020 - Mark Dunkley
The course was delivered in an enthusiastic way and hence made it easier to understand.