Installation, Commissioning and Compliance Testing of Type BA Devices (RPZ Valves) (RPZ)
Course for persons who test RPZ valve assemblies on behalf of installers or persons who are required to monitor and check the testing of RPZ assemblies.
Anyone attending this course can only be formally registered with RPZ Sector Schemes if they live in the UK.
Please note learners attending the course should have plumbing experience and prior knowledge of RPZ valves. A working knowledge of Water Regulations would also be advantageous.
3 day course
Benefits for the learner
- A greater understanding of RPZ device testing.
Benefits for the employer
- Qualification recognised by Approved Contractor Schemes for membership and recognition by water companies.
- Competent employees, better able to install and test RPZ assemblies.
- Better documentation of reports and testing records.
What you’ll learn on this course
The requirements of the RPZ AIM-08-01 Issue 2 (Approved Installation Method):
- Section 1 Introduction.
- Section 2 General.
- Section 3 Notification.
- Section 4 Installation.
- Section 5 Commissioning & Compliance Testing.
- Section 6 Reporting & Record Keeping.
What do I need to bring with Me?
General standard safety clothing for use in a workshop environment:
- Over coat.
Learners can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- Theory is delivered in the classroom but there is an emphasis on hands on practical training.
- The training can be intense and involves some evening reading and project work.
- The course includes a 40 multiple choice knowledge assessment and 1 on 1 practical assessment.
- On passing the assessments learners will receive a certificate of competence from NICEIC.
April 2022 - A Hartley
Trainer was excellent The course could do with being slightly longer for new assessment due to volume of information given
April 2022 - Daniel Sach
Training course was very good and Mick Reading was very good during the course.
April 2022 - Peter Dallimore
More one on one training required on practical
April 2022 - Michael Donoghue
Trainer Mick Reading at centre in Derby was excellent, knowledgeable and easy to understand and learn from.
March 2022 - Steven Gomm
Mick Reading has been great. Very knowledgeable and informative.
January 2022 - Steven Rennie
I discussed with Mick Reading the lecturer for the course that i felt that the course details could perhaps include details that a working knowledge of the Water Regulations/ Byelaws would be beneficial prior to attending the RPZ course.
December 2019 - Kennedy Watson
Practical work and the food.
October 2019 - Anthony Fertnig
The practical experience
September 2019 - Richard Daly
September 2019 - Jordan Graci
How relaxed it was. It made it easier in the exam.
July 2019 - Martyn Garvey
Lunchtimes, they where always exciting!
June 2019 - Nicholas Swatkins
How gobby the kitchen staff was. They brightened the day up. Don't tell them off please, and don't order a jacket spud if u didn't if that makes sense.
July 2018 - David McCune
An interesting & well presented course.
June 2018 - Georgie Jacklin
I found the course interesting, I particularly enjoyed learning how to test the RPZ valves. It would be good to learn how to repair/ rectify faults on the RPZ valves.