Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations (WREG)
Course incorporating assessment and accreditation for learners who design, install or maintain water systems to ensure compliance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) 1999 Regulations and associated standards.
2 day course
Benefits for the learner
- The learning and qualification helps learners satisfy the requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 when installing or maintaining water systems within buildings.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with regulations.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Water systems, background and hazards.
- Definition of drinking water and standards.
- Waterlaw: Water Industry Act 1991, Water Regulations (Water Fittings) 1999, Water Regulations 2000 (Water Quality) Contamination: Backflow; Back Siphonage, Back Pressure.
- Backflow prevention devices including Reduced Pressure Zone Device (RPZ).
- Water fittings and materials - Standards, approved fittings, acceptance marks and evaluation and testing.
- Flushing devices.
- Notification - Approved contractors schemes, enforcement and disputes.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The course is delivered in the classroom. Where possible we will use local water systems to put the course materials into context.
- This NICEIC qualification is assessed through open book multiple choice questions.
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under NICEIC Certification Water Supply Water Fitting Regulations (WRAS) and is valid for 5 years.
March 2020 - Nicholas Gary Sherwood
Gaining knowledge Food
February 2020 - Paul Morgan
The relevence of the course content and it's imformative delivery. All attendees were positive about the course.
October 2019 - Gary Robinson
Rob, the lecture was very good at getting the information across, he had excellent knowledge and experience of the subject, and was very helpful and friendly .
October 2019 - Patrick Brady
Decent on site venue for a change.
October 2019 - Duncan Stewart
Very knowledgeable tutor
October 2019 - Simon Patrick Buttery
good pace and friendly atmosphere
February 2019 - Andrew Graham Paget
Course notes should be updated to reflect the slides being presented. There were some ambiguities in the worked examples too...
February 2019 - Marc Cunnington
The WRAS Water Regs guide book should be supplied to go with the course as the hand outs were of a poor quality.
November 2018 - Peter Watts
the hotel provided with the course wasn't to my liking rooms was clean but meals and dining was dictated to much with no choice
June 2018 - Michael John Pote
Although I have some prior knowledge of Water Reg's I found the course both useful and the course content was interesting and well presented. Lunch was good, thank you.
June 2018 - Paul Stewart Watson
Could have extended this to a three day course as there was a lot of information that was very quickly dealt with and could potentially have been covered in greater depth e.g. commissioning. Apart from that it was well presented by a very knowledgeable engineer, with a good balance of humour and seriousness. It is worth pointing out that there was excellent support from the Administrator and she ought to be complimented on the manner in which she carried out her role.
February 2018 - Lawrence Mark Dallas
Opportunity to buy materials that are made reference to during the course.