A 2 day bolt on course for those who have already achieved either their Level 2 NCO Water in Mains or Service Laying.
This is a bolt on course for those who have either already achieved or are working towards their Level 2 NCO Water in Mains and Service laying. Learners must have their EUSR Water SHEA and National Water Hygiene card prior to completion of the qualification.
What you will learn
A review of relevant current technical information is followed by practical demonstrations, exercises and assessments (if required) in:
- How to identify the types of pipes and fittings used in mains and service repair.
- The reason that damage may have occurred.
- The uses of different pipe and fittings both mains and services.
- Use of a split collar repair clamp.
- The possible defects in pipes and fittings.
- Cleanse and flush service pipes.
- The importance of using the correct PPE.
- Protective coatings and cathodic protection.
- Hygienic working practices including company specific SSOW (if required).
- Carry alterations to existing mains by the insertion of Sluice Valves, Hydrants and tees.