CITB offers grants covering apprenticeships and a range of training courses. We have highlighted three grants that can be used to fully, or partially, fund training programmes delivered by Develop Training.
CITB pays grants for attendance and achievements on intermediate, advanced and higher approved apprenticeships in England, Wales and Scotland. The grant covers:
- Off-the-job attendance with an approved apprenticeship provider, such as Develop Training Ltd
- Achievement of an apprenticeship framework, including advanced, graduate and higher apprenticeship frameworks
- Achievement of an End Point Assessment (EPA) of a new apprenticeship standard (England only)
- For PAYE staff only
- Employers can claim back £1965 per learner for the first year of attendance
- Employers can also claim back £2375 for each Level 2 Apprenticeship completed and £3125 for each Level 3 Apprenticeship completed. For example, if a learner completes a Level 2 NCO Water Apprenticeship after one year, the employer claims £1965 + £2375 = £4340
- Click here for further information and to apply
Apprenticeships delivered by Develop Training that are eligible for CITB apprenticeship grants
- Level 2 Certificate In Network Construction Operations (Water) – Service Layer (QCF)
- Level 2 Diploma In Network Construction Operations (Water) – Main Layer (QCF)
- Level 2 Diploma In Network Construction Operations (Water) – Repair and Maintenance (QCF)
- CABWI Level 2 Diploma In Water Engineering (Water Operations) (QCF)
- CABWI Level 2 Diploma In Water Engineering (Network Construction Operations) (QCF)
Short period qualification grants
CITB pays grants for the achievement of approved short-period qualifications (which take less than one year to complete) that are focused on the core construction skills needed across the industry.
- PAYE staff and sub-contractors are eligible
- Employers can apply for £600 for each achievement, up to a maximum of 4 achievements at each level per individual
- Employers can only apply once for an individual for the same achievement
- Click here for further information and to apply.
Qualifications delivered by Develop Training that are eligible for CITB short-period qualification grants
Short course grants
Short course grants are paid for the achievement of short duration courses which align to approved construction-related standards, or to approved standard titles where the standards are undergoing development.
Grants are paid at three tiered rates:
- Tier 1 is £30
- Tier 2 is £70
- Tier 3 is £120
You can find out which grant tier a course has from the approved course list.
Qualifications delivered by Develop Training that are eligible for CITB short course grants