Electrical HV/LV Trainer
Career opportunity with Develop
Location(s): South England
Salary: up to £39K plus company car
N.B. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check as part of our safeguarding duty and every 3 years thereafter.
View career vacancies
The Trainer will be responsible for the education of learners by:
- Delivering training to the highest possible standard.
- Acting with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Having an outstanding subject knowledge.
- Keeping knowledge and skills up to date and being self-critical.
- Forging positive professional relationships.
- Working with learners clients and colleagues to ensure that training is effective and delivers positive outcomes.
- Promoting English, Mathematics and other core skills.
- Monitoring the health, safety and welfare of the learners and acting accordingly where issues are identified.
- Acting as an ambassador for Develop and its values.
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge learners.
- Identify individual learner needs through initial assessment.
- Ensure the classroom/workshop area is always managed appropriately and kept safe and tidy.
- Promote outstanding progress and outcomes by learners across all their learning aims.
- Demonstrate outstanding subject and curriculum knowledge.
- Plan, prepare and deliver well-structured sessions to ensure learners achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all learners.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment.
- Develop effective professional relationships with learners, employers and colleagues.
- Manage support staff when assisting with training delivery.
- Communicate effectively with learners and employers with regard to learners’ achievements and areas of further development.
- Evaluate the success of teaching and to participate in Continuous Professional Development.
- Undertake risk assessments and introduce control measures to ensure that learners are safe at all times.
- Promote English, Mathematics and other core skills.
- Ensure the Health, safety and welfare of their learners at all times.
- Ensure that any safeguarding concerns are dealt with timely and in line with Develop policies.
- Regularly attend and positively contribute to standardisation meetings.
- Keep their online diary up to date at all times.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Must have a working knowledge of safe systems of work for LV & HV.
- Experience as an HV/LV Authorised Person - minimum 3 years.
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Level 3 Teaching qualification (PTLLS, AET or equivalent).
- Level 3 Assessor Qualification (TAQA, A1 or equivalent).
- HNC in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Enthusiastic with ability to deal with pressure.
- Approachable and welcoming.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Self-Motivated and driven.
- Great influencer.
- Ability to prioritise and organise their workload.
- Flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business.
- Commitment to building trust with learners, employers and colleagues.
- Able to work to own initiative.
- Able to ask for support when required.
Specific Job Skills:
- The ability to communicate both internally and externally at all levels.
- The ability to adapt to change and deliver a consistent learner focussed service.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Industry experience.
- Evidence of a minimum of 30 hours per annum Continued Professional Development.
- The ability to deliver technically based courses in an engaging and stimulating way.
- The ability to work additional hours when required.
- The ability to identify and deal with learner health, safety and welfare issues in a timely manner.
- The ability to travel as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Full valid UK Driving Licence.
Register your interest
If you wish to register your interest or discuss further, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Develop Training Limited, HR Department, Derby Training Centre, Ascot Drive, Derby DE24 8GW or 01332 253546 for more details.
Develop Training is the UK's leading accredited provider of Compliance, Technical, and Safety training. We support over 7,000 firms with their training needs and our clients include some of the UK's largest and best-known organisations from the Utilities and Construction, Defence, Healthcare, Facilities Management, and Telecommunication sectors.
Develop is an equal opportunities provider and we are committed to the safeguarding of all our employees, associates and learners.