👨💼 Electrical Training Manager
📍 Remote/Nationwide with regular travel to York 💷 Competitive with car allowance
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Training Manager for our Estates and Facilities Management division. The Electrical Training Manager will be responsible for the high-quality training consultancy and solutions for Develop’s clients that sits within the Estates and Facilities Management area.
The main aim of the role is to deliver consistently high-quality outcomes for Develop ensuring that all training courses delivered within their remit are delivered effectively and efficiently through the robust planning of courses, the efficient utilisation and development of direct and associate Trainers to deliver fee earning activity, and to work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure develop are responsive to our customers’ demands within the sector.
What will you be doing?
The role requires delivery of market leading, innovative, and quality focussed courses, ensuring that optimum levels of productivity are achieved. The role requires effective and frequent collaboration with the planning and customer service, and business development teams to identify market trends and opportunities through carefully selected networks. This can only be achieved through recruiting and retaining great people who can deliver dynamic training as experts within their field.
Effective time management and work planning is a key requirement of this role. It is critical that the post holder demonstrates the ability to develop strong collaborative stakeholder relationships as the role requires close collaboration with the Customer Services and Business Development functions to ensure that client demand for courses and consultancy is met.
The role includes defined responsibility for deputising in the absence of the Head of Operations and Training ensuring that all operational business functions can continue effectively.
What we’re looking for:
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Level 3 Teaching qualification (PTLLS, AET or equivalent)
- Minimum NVQ L3 electrical qualification
Skills and experience:
- Line management experience – 3 years
- Working in an educational or training provider setting – 3 years
- In depth knowledge of either, HV/LV electrical, electrotechnical, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a combination of these
- Computer literacy e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Enthusiastic with ability to deal with pressure
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Financially aware and profit focussed
- Proven ability for highly effective planning and resource management to deliver optimal utilisation of employed delivery staff
- Production of clear and concise reports and accurate management information to established timescales
- Unconstrained in travelling throughout the UK
- Flexible in approach
- An eager self-starter.
- Have a methodical approach and have the ability to prioritise.
- Committed to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to develop positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly organised and able to multitask.
- People orientated and approachable.
- Excellent at presenting information.
- Professionally presented.
- Competitive salary and car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays on commencement; this increases to a maximum of 30 days with length of service plus additional discretionary days throughout the year.
- Medical cash plan including dental, optical, chiropody and physiotherapy!
- Invested in employee health and wellbeing with mental health first aiders, online health assessments, access to 24/7 GP’ via phone or video chat and a counselling and support helpline.
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay.
- Life assurance (3 x salary).
- High street discount vouchers.
- Great staff extras including various away days and annual staff awards.
- Investment in your continuous professional development.
- Full-time hours equate to 35 hours per week.
- A great work environment and a friendly family feel culture.
About Develop Training
Develop Training is the UK’s leading accredited provider of Compliance, Technical, and Safety training. We support over 7,000 firms with their training needs and our clients include some of the UK’s largest and best-known organisations from the Utilities and Construction, Defence, Healthcare, Facilities Management, and Telecommunication sectors.
Develop training is highly committed to supporting and developing our people as an accredited Investors in People Gold standard organisation.
What’s best is 98% of our workforce are satisfied to very satisfied in their role at Develop Training!
Our core values
Our values are fundamental to our people, our work, and our business. Therefore, our success depends on how we work and our people that work alongside us. Everything we do is guided by our core values, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect, and Responsiveness. If you share our values, then we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
To apply send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
First stage interviews will take place over telephone for approximately twenty-minutes. Successful candidates will be offered a face-to-face interview at one of our training centres whereby you will be asked a set of competency-based questions. Interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, so do not delay getting your application in!
Develop is an equal opportunities provider and we are committed to the safeguarding of all our employees, associates and learners.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check as part of our safeguarding duty and every 3 years thereafter.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please email our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.