Useful contacts for health and wellbeing
The NHS Choices website has a wealth of information on all aspects including mental health, addiction and wellbeing issues. You will find links to many different charities and support organisations, as well as information, advice and guidance on issues such as smoking and drinking, or registering with local doctors and dentists.
- For information and advice on nutrition and a balanced diet see the Eatwell Booklet.
- For mental health support see Sane (0300 304 7000); or Mind (0300 123 3393); or Turning Point.
- For support for issues of drug or alcohol addiction see Adfam (for help within families) or Addaction or Alcoholics Anonymous.
- For gambling addiction see GamCare (0808 8020 133) or see Gamblers Anonymous.
- For sources of impartial counselling in your area see Counselling Directory. These are commercial organisations if free or charitable support is not available in your area.