Safely build, maintain and repair components of the UK’s gas network infrastructure to provide a reliable supply of gas to domestic, commercial and industrial users.
Duration: up to 48 months
Maximum funding: £27,000
Maths/English level required: 2
End point assessment:
- Portfolio including Observation
- Knowledge Assessment
There are three main roles within the apprenticeship:
- Network maintenance craftsperson (Electrical & Instrumentation).
- Network maintenance craftsperson (Pressure Management).
- Emergency response craftsperson.
- Testing and commissioning procedures.
- Relevant health, safety & environmental standards and regulations.
- Maintenance practices, processes and procedures associated with specific gas network systems, controls and equipment.
- Relevant theory and principles underpinning the design and function of complex assets.
- Components and associated systems and equipment.
- Location, diagnosis and rectification of faults.
- Risk assessments.
- Compliance with workplace health, safety & environmental practices.
- Installation of gas engineering assets, components and associated equipment.
- Installation, test, purge and commission gas assets.
- Operation of powered tools and equipment for network maintenance operations.
- Compliance with the New Roads and Street Works Act requirements for signing, lighting and guarding.
- Use of gas detection equipment.
- Liaison with gas consumers, statutory agencies and members of the public.
- Analysis of information for good decision making.
- Display a self-disciplined, self-motivated approach.
- Deliver a polite, courteous professional service to all customers, stakeholders and members of the public as appropriate.
- Demonstrate and apply a safety first approach.
- Accept accountability when undertaking individual and team tasks.
- Follows instruction from appropriate supervision, and makes decisions when required.
- Quality-focussed and professional in work and in personal standards.
- Recognise personal limitations and seek advice from managers, experts and specialists when required.
- Accepts responsibility for work undertaken.
- Receptive to the needs and concerns of others, especially where related to diversity and equality.
- Committed to carrying out and recording Continued Professional Development necessary to maintain and enhance competence.
- Exercises responsibilities in an ethical manner.
- Interacts with people and approaches work activities in a way that contributes to continuous self improvement.