HV Awareness for Managers (ME30)
Course, delivered as In-centre or Virtual training, for facilities managers with responsibilities for high voltage systems. The course is designed for learners with little or no knowledge of HV systems.
This training is only available to book as a full course at a location of your choice, for 6-12 learners. Single person bookings are not applicable. Price shown is per person and can fluctuate dependant on the date/location and number of learners on the course.
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
- An appreciation of HV systems and the duties of persons involved in safe working procedures.
Benefits for the employer
- Better supervision of systems and individuals involved in safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation (Electricity at Work Regs 1989).
- Voltages in common uses.
- Effect of current on the body.
- Duty Holders responsibilities.
- An introduction to HV switchgear and Systems.
- Safe Systems of Work.
- Application of Electricity Safety Regulations to HV systems.
- The requirements for the Issue of Safety documents.
- Records and documentation required to ensure compliance with the Law.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- In-centre or Virtual training
- In-centre: Theory is delivered in the classroom but wherever possible we will incorporate items of equipment to raise awareness of that found on site.
- Virtual: This course is delivered in a virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams or Zoom) with a trainer delivering the course materials live.
- You will receive a certificate of attendance from Develop Training Limited.
November 2019 - Lukasz Pala
Approachable and experienced tutor
October 2019 - Karl West-Smith
A friendly and very knowledgeable lecturer.
October 2019 - Phil Hinton
Drawings and info provided in the booklet
March 2018 - Ronnie Toaduff
It was great, can't think of any problems.
Locations & Dates
Types of Courses
Part 1 - Virtual training
Delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams / Zoom.