F-Gas (Cat1) City & Guilds 2079-11 (ME9)
Course for persons undertaking charging, recovery, service and maintenance of refrigeration and heat-pump equipment containing Fluorinated (F) gases or Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS). Learners would benefit from an existing understanding of refrigeration systems, principals and theory.
5 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Compliance with legislation.
- Confidence in charging and recovering gas from refrigeration systems.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with legislation and better records keeping.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- The theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants.
- To identify the hazards and safe working practices for refrigerant handling (and relate to causes and effects of global warming and climate change).
- To identify stationary refrigerants, air conditioning and heat pump system components, functions and leakage risks.
- To fabricate and examine pipe work, and undertake pressure testing, evacuation, charging, recovery and record keeping.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners of the F-Gas training course should bring working gloves, safety shoes/boots and safety glasses.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- Learners complete practical exercises to charge and recover gasses from a refrigeration system. You will fabricate elements of pipe work and test their integrity.
- Assessment is by completion of an observed practical exercises and computer based tests.
- This course incorporates a choice of assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Level 2 Award in F Gas and ODS Regulations: Category 1 (2079-11) or CITB scheme.
- If you require CITB assessment and certification, please call us on 0800 876 6708.
November 2019 - Garnon Cox
The instructors were very helpful. Nigel and Jon put in extra time to help us if we needed extra assistance and were able to change their teaching styles to match different people's learning styles. This made the course more enjoyable as no-one was left not understanding something.
November 2019 - Richard Farthing
The way the instructors engaged with the subject matter.
November 2019 - Ian Boreham
The instructors (Nigel & Jon) both very knowledgeable and were able to answer any queries that the group had in a patient and comprehensive manner.
October 2019 - Clive Myatt
Hands on with F Gas
October 2019 - Christopher King
Mainly the practical part, whereby the training all made sense.
September 2019 - Stephen Ellis
March 2019 - Paul Taylor
Great trading team.
December 2018 - Brady Hart
Both John and Rob were enthusiastic and made learning enjoyable compared to other courses that normally are hard to stay awake in, and boring.
December 2018 - Ian Cramman
Rob and John were excellent trainers and made the course a pleasure
October 2018 - Mike Himpett
The building needs to be invested in. Lights were not working and getting old creating flickering. The internet is extremely slow, and as so much is on line now, the instructors cannot use on line tools to help explain concepts. for example manufacturers literature and you tube videos. There was very little information given out, from the start when our instructor was late and stuck in traffic on the 1st day and it wasn't until we asked why we hadn't started the information was given.The joining instructions asked to bring passport photos that no one on site knew what they were for and were not taken. The practical instructor would have preferred us to wear safety footwear but the joining instructions made no note of this. Our instructor had a verification carried out while we were there and a 'management suit' just walked in, didn't introduce himself.then appeared to completely undermine our instructor asking us questions that we had not even covered by then. Overall the 2 instructors we had were very good and extremely knowledgeable in their subjects but the resources and back up from develop staff seemed at times to be non existent
March 2018 - Peter Bartlett
Workshop area very cold and a lot of noise coming from the upstairs class was disruptive
March 2018 - James William Jack
Just like to confirm again that both trainers for Theory and Practical Works and Assessments were both excellent as well as being very thorough and confirming our understanding of the Course Materials provided. Excellent support and guidance throughout the Training Course, thanks once again. Although saturated throughout the week adequately set out and delivered.