Authorised Person: Mechanical Systems (Boiler and Pressure Systems) Refresher (AP22)
3 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- You will re-visit safe working procedures on pressure systems as required by the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000, Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and Safety Rules and Procedures for Work on Pressure Systems.
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- Operational Appointments, Roles and Duties of Appointed Personnel.
- Risk Assessment.
- Creating, documenting and enforcing safe working procedures.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- The course is delivered using our in-house safety rules, but it can be adapted to reflect a client's own safety rules and documentation.
- Learners complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation. There is an emphasis on hands on experience wherever this is possible.
- Assessment is by written paper on an isolation documentation exercise.
- The output from this boiler and pressure systems refresher course is a recommendation to support an Authorising Engineers decision when considering the re-appointment of Authorised Persons.
February 2020 - Andrew Bennett
February 2020 - Mark Pridding
February 2020 - Bob Francis
the lecturer had a seance of humour
February 2020 - Paul Cattermole
November 2019 - David Gibbs
Networking with other like minded engineers.
November 2019 - Nigel Watkinson