SCO Module 1: Core and Module 2: Permit to Work (PtW) – Renewal (SCO1&2-R)
Course for all persons with a current SCO 1&2 or SCO Core & module 2 (PTW) who work under the SCO perimetry scheme on Gas operational sites both permanent & temporary to deliver comprehensive information associated with the use of a Permit to Work (PtW), thereby enabling attendees to demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge and understanding.
Note: where the existing registration is not in date, or if the individual wants to add an endorsement, then they will have to take the Initial programme.
Eligibility for SCO Renewal modules 3 and 4 assumes an individual is holding an in-date SCO 1 and 2 as well as SCO 4/5.
½ day course
- Holding an in-date SCO 1 and 2 means an individual is eligible for SCO Renewal modules, module 1: SCO Core, module 2: PtW and module 5: FoA.
- Holding an in-date SCO 4 means an individual is eligible for SCO Renewal module 3: NRO.
- Holding an in-date SCO 5 means an individual is eligible for SCO Renewal module 4: RO.
Benefits for the learner
- Understanding key information associated with the SCO framework and associated processes, thereby enabling individuals to demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge, and understanding.
- Information of a Permit to Work (PtW), thereby enabling attendees to demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge, and understanding.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliant with Safe Control of Operations.
What you’ll learn on this course
- State the purpose, process, and main features of SCO Procedures.
- State the elements of the risk-based hierarchy in relation to SCO.
- State the roles and responsibilities of individuals within SCO.
- State the procedure to be followed in the event of a deviation and emergency situations.
- Explain the importance of record keeping, monitoring, and auditing for SCO activities.
- Identify SCO competence requirements.
- State the procedure to be followed when individuals transfer to work for another employer, or GDN.
- Understand the requirements of Energy & Utility Skills SCO registration.
- State the purpose of a PtW and identify when one may be used.
- Recognise the importance of risk assessment to a PtW.
- Identify key information requirements needed for a PtW.
- State the process, roles and responsibilities of those involved in the planning and execution of a PtW.
- State the process, roles and responsibilities of those involved in the management of a PtW activity.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Current EUSR card.
How is the training delivered?
- The course is classroom based.
- MCQ Paper only.
- Successful learners will be registered with EUSR trained under SCO Registration.
- Each EUSR registration category for SCO is valid for 5 years.
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.
March 2021 - Adrian Yapp
The trailer had been given a different agenda to ours, we had 09.00 to 12.00 SCO 1,2 & 5 he was told 2 days with SCO 5 on day 2. The planning needs to be looked at urgently to stop these instances happening