A 1 day training course that will test learners gas safety competence in domestic and non-domestic emergency service gas work, other than re-lighting after a temporary disconnection to the gas supply in a domestic situation.
N.B. CESP1 is the pre-requisite for all other Natural Gas safety assessments required for the ESP and meter installer.
Learners must have successfully completed a Gas Foundation Managed Learning Programme (GGFO) or hold one of the following core qualifications:
Learners must hold CESP1, CMA1 OR CCN1.
What you will learn
Learners will leave the course with the competence to work on appliances connected to the gas supply in a domestic situation.
- Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
- Tightness testing and purging
- Gas industry unsafe situations procedure
- Scope of operatives work checking and setting regulators
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation and warning labels
- Emergency procedures
- Pipe-work requirements
- Chimney standards
- Re-lighting of domestic appliances