Utility SHEA – Telecoms (SHEA-T)
Course, delivered as In-centre or Virtual training, providing a uniform approach to health, safety and environmental awareness for all persons working in the utilities industry on related infrastructure.
A ½ day course for renewal of this scheme.
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
- On completion of this course, the learner will have the required knowledge and understanding to work safely on operational sites in their specific industry.
Benefits for the employer
- Employers will benefit from the EUSR passport scheme for their workforce. Each course has relatable, job specific content and the core content is transferable to other industry sectors. For example, completing a SHEA Gas course would then allow the learner to only complete the industry specific modules for SHEA Water to be competent in both.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Understanding of the legal framework surrounding Health and Safety at Work.
- An awareness of the Environmental impact of their work.
- Identifying hazards and risks at work, both broadly and sector specific.
- Awareness of basic processes and procedures in place to work safely and in the event of an emergency.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Laptop/Desktop computer with access to the internet and emails.
- Pen and paper.
- Electronic passport sized photograph.
- EUSR number (if applicable).
How is the training delivered?
- In-centre or Virtual training
- In-centre: Training is delivered in the classroom.
- Virtual: Training is delivered in a virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams or Zoom).
- EUSR SHEA Passport (also aligned to CSCS).
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.