Water Jetting Safety Awareness and Drain & Sewer Cleaning (WJ-SA/DS)
2 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Greater appreciation of safety in water jetting operations.
- Practical skills and familiarisation with the equipment.
Benefits for the employer
- Competent employees, better able to complete water jetting operations.
- Employees better able to communicate outcomes, and who feel their employer has made an investment in them.
What you’ll learn on this course
- The course covers the WJA Safety Awareness (SA) and WJA Drain & Sewer (DS) Module.
- Identification of potential hazards.
- Setting up equipment with regard to the safety of operators, other staff and the public.
- Hands on experience using equipment effectively and safely.
- Immediate procedures to adopt in the event of injury by the impact of a water jet.
- Nozzle selection with regard to the correct application.
- Precautions to be taken when using a mains water supply.
- How to identify and set up a safe system of work when jetting as required by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Selection of the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment with regard to the P.P.E. Regulations 1992.
- Knowledge of the Code of Practice as published by the Water Jetting Association.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring a safety helmet, face visor to BS2092 Grade 1, ear defenders, a waterproof suit, safety wellingtons and waterproof gloves safety boots.
- Learners can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- Day 1: Theory - Safety Awareness (SA) is delivered in the classroom; Day 2: Practical / Hands On - Drain & Sewer Module (DS) covers application skills.
- This Water Jetting Association Course is Fully Accredited by City & Guilds of London Institute.
- You will receive a WJA Certificate & Photo ID Card (City & Guilds Accredited).
September 2021 - Michael Leavers
Great Course and Delivery was good
September 2020 - Wayne Crawshaw
Experienced, knowledge instructor.
September 2020 - Richard Brown
Danny was excellent. Friendly and informative. Really knew his stuff.
September 2020 - Robert Clarke
The experience of the instructor made the understanding of the course easier to apply to real life situations.