Utility SHEA – Water (SHEA-W)
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
An understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental issues that affect the water industry and water related sites.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Understanding our workplace responsibilities.
- Understanding the effects of our work on the environment.
- Identifying and controlling risks.
- Common hazards in the workplace.
- Occupational health hazards.
- Responding to emergencies.
- Highway working and excavations.
- Sewerage network and process operations.
What do I need to bring with Me?
Learners should bring their current EUSR card (if held). If not, a photo will be required to be taken on the day of training.
How is the training delivered?
- In-centre or Virtual training
- In-centre: Training is delivered in the classroom and is interactive, with trainer-led activities plus individuals are invited to share and discuss their own experiences with the group.
- Virtual: Training is delivered in a virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams or Zoom).
- Successful learners will receive an EUSR SHEA card within 28 days. EUSR registration for SHEA Water is for five years from the date of assessment.
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.
January 2020 - Graham Long
The trainers interaction with the learners.
January 2020 - Simon Bowden
The course is broken down into 8 modules reviewed stage by stage
June 2018 - Nigel Upson
A very good course. A lot to get through in one day so maybe 1.5 days would be better for the attendees and the trainer.
Locations & Dates
Types of Courses
Part 1 - Virtual training
Delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams / Zoom.