Those who wish to undertake this course must hold a nationally recognised qualification e.g. NVQ or City & Guilds craft certificate in a trade associated with gas work, e.g. plumbing. The applicant must also provide evidence of their qualification to the Assessment Centre along with written evidence confirming that they have undertaken ‘on the job’ gas installation and/or maintenance training, and have experience of gas work that has been carried out under the direct supervision of a competent operative(s) employed by a Gas Safe Registered business. The Assessment Centre will need to be satisfied that the applicant has a sufficiency and range of gas work experience relating to the application, in accordance with the requirements below.
The applicant's evidence must consist of the following:
- Name, address and the Gas Safe Registration number of the business(es) providing the training.
- The start and end dates of the Off the Job training programme.
- The start and end dates of the On the Job training programme.
- The types and sufficiency of gas work undertaken (not plumbing or other related work activities).
- The name(s) of the competent operative(s) of the business that has provided the On the Job training.
N.B. If the Assessment Centre doubts the authenticity of the information presented by the applicant, they must decline access to ACS assessment.