Disinfection of Water Supply Systems in Buildings training course
Course code: WS3 | View training area
A 1 day training course to safely and accurately disinfect hot and cold water systems in buildings. This course is focused around greater understanding of the importance of cleaning/disinfection, safe/accurate workmanship and conformance with relevant technical standards in regards to the disinfection of water supply systems.
Read the full training overview
Not the course you are looking for? Check the categories below for our Water Systems training courses.
Please see below for our full training overview for the Disinfection of Water Supply Systems course.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
Greater understanding of:
- What disinfection is and why it might be required
- Health and safety aspects behind cleaning and disinfection
- The role of cleaning and disinfection
Delegates are also able to mix with like-minded individuals and share thoughts on best practice and experiences.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Meeting the training requirement of the Fourth Edition Approved Code of Practice (ACOP L8).
- Reduced risk of associated health and safety hazards for the operative and water system users during cleaning and disinfection.
- Compliance with ACOP L8 / HSG 274 / BS EN 806/ BS 8558.
- Reduced risk of the moral/legal/financial implications associated with prosecution for poor workmanship.
- A nationally accredited form of recognition of the employee’s knowledge in the role of cleaning and disinfecting.
What you will learn
Topics discussed include:
- Detergents vs. Disinfection vs. Sterilisation
- Water borne diseases
- Scenarios that require disinfection
- Classification labelling & packaging regulations
- Safety data sheets
- COSHH risk assessment
- Discharge permits
- Chemical vs. thermal disinfection
- Carrying out cleaning and disinfection
- The importance of pH
- Establishing chemical levels
- Satisfactory disinfection
- Reducing chemical levels
- Hygiene practices
What qualifications will you achieve?
This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme unit 405 – Disinfection of Hot and Cold Water Systems within Buildings.
How is this training delivered?
Delegates will be taught in a classroom environment in the form of trainer explanation, group discussions, group exercises, a practical demonstration and will be broken up with breakout sessions.
Assessment of learning will be based around a practical/written assessment where ability will be shown in observing pH and free chlorine levels and calculation of system volumes/dosage rates.
The second assessment is a multiple choice paper at the end of the course and will confirm knowledge of all aspects covered within the course.
What do I need to bring with me?
All course material will be provided by the trainer, however, learners are welcome to bring with them any materials used within legionella management such as risk assessments, water hygiene logbooks, safety data sheets, COSHH risk assessments or method statements, so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
Price from: £242.00 + VAT