Type BA Verifiable Reduced Pressure Zone Device Testing Training Course
Course Code: WNCS11 (old code WR9) | View training area
A 3 day training course for persons who test RPZ valve assemblies on behalf of installers or persons who are required to monitor and check the testing of RPZ assemblies.
Please see below for our full training overview for Type BA Verifiable Reduced Pressure Zone Device.
Note: Anyone attending this course can only be WRAS Registered if they live in the UK.
Benefits of attending for the delegate
- A greater understanding of RPZ device testing.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- Competent employees, better able to install and test RPZ assemblies.
- Better documentation of reports and testing records.
What you will learn
- The installation requirements of RPZ assemblies.
- Methods of testing RPZs.
- Identification of any corrective maintenance required.
- Reporting and recording procedures.
- The requirements of the Water Industry Information and Guidance Note No 9-03-02.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme unit 299 Testing of RPZ Assemblies using a North American single gauge test kit or 5831 scheme unit 300 Testing of RPZ Assemblies using a European three gauge test kit.
How is this training delivered?
- Theory is delivered in the classroom but there is an emphasis on hands on practical training.
- The training can be intense and involves some evening reading and project work.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.