Authorised Person: MOD Mechanical Systems (Boiler and Pressure Systems) JSP (AP10)
Course designed to meet the essential requirements of safe working procedures on mechanical systems. Our most popular course is structured around the specific safety rules of the MOD and procedures contained in their Health and Safety Handbook JSP 375 Volume 3 Chapter 4, but it can be tailored to other standards by arrangement. Learners who are to be appointed under safety rules should also be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience of mechanical systems and mechanical principles and theory.
4 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- Operational Appointments, Roles and Duties of Appointed Personnel.
- A review of system components, definitions and properties - excluding steam.
- Site Surveys, Risk Categorisation and Demarcation Agreements.
- Risk Assessment.
- Scope of the Mechanical Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Isolation Methodology.
- Creating, documenting and enforcing safe working procedures.
- Audit and Monitoring.
- An introduction to MOD Mechanical Safety Rules and Procedures for Work on Mechanical Systems contained in JSP 375 Volume 3 Chapter 4.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
How is the training delivered?
- Learners complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation.
- There is an emphasis on hands on experience wherever this is possible.
- Assessment is by written paper on an isolation documentation exercise.
- The output from this course is a recommendation to support an Authorising Engineer's decision when considering the appointment of Authorised Person's.
October 2020 - Jennifer McLachlan
Stuart was very supportive to every learners abilities
December 2019 - Colin Bell
Quality of training
November 2018 - Jonathan Swan
Excellent course and the teacher was very knowledgeable.