Utility SHEA – Gas (SHEA-G)
Course, delivered as In-centre or Virtual training, providing a uniform approach to health, safety and environmental awareness for all persons working in the gas utilities industry or on related infrastructure.
1 day course
Benefits for the learner
- An understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental issues that affect the Gas industry and Gas related sites.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Understanding our workplace responsibilities.
- Understanding the effects of our work on the environment.
- Identifying and controlling risks.
- Common hazards in the workplace.
- Occupational health hazards.
- Responding to emergencies.
- Highway working and excavations.
- Pressure regulating installations.
- Safety in premises.
What do I need to bring with Me?
- Learners should bring their current EUSR card (if held). If not, a photo will be required to be taken on the day of training.
How is the training delivered?
- In-centre or Virtual training
- In-centre: Training is delivered in the classroom and is interactive, with trainer-led activities plus individuals are invited to share and discuss their own experiences with the group.
- Virtual: Training is delivered in a virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams or Zoom).
- Successful learners will receive an EUSR SHEA card within 28 days. EUSR registration for SHEA Gas is for five years from the date of assessment.
- On completion of the course learners will be sent a virtual EUSR card to their mobile phones. Therefore a mobile phone number must be provided on the day. Hard copy cards, if required, must be requested prior to course delivery and will incur additional fees.
May 2022 - Toby Tadevossian
Geoff was exceptional at teaching us and involving the candidates, a pleasure to have been taught by him, lunch was also well thought out, supports a local business, great idea
October 2021 - Allan Dear
Trainer delivery on the button
October 2020 - Gabriel Kopacz
Learning very interesting things in work safety
October 2020 - Martin Chessum
The whole concept of learning online was 100% alien to me but it put simply Works brilliant
September 2020 - Ian Cooper
Fantastic set up, excellent tutor who explaoned everything well. The overall feel of the place and the excellent set up.
February 2020 - Albert Shahinian
The reception office was very helpful providing the necessary information. The delievery of the course. Team work. Good communication between the attendees and the instructor.
December 2019 - Richard Lingard
Good atmosphere for the training. Also the fish fingers at lunch
November 2019 - Anthony Roberts
November 2019 - Gregory McNally
Not an awful lot
August 2019 - Jessica Sarah Birch
The trainer was very informative and friendly.
July 2019 - Mark Sutcliffe
Good tutor and canteen
March 2019 - David Sykes
As this was a refresher course it should only have been an half day course at best.
November 2018 - Phil Taylor
Could’ve done with a microwave but the dinner they provided was nice
October 2018 - Jonathan Stead
Why did I fill out a feedback form on the day of the course if you are going to send out an electronic evaluation version? just woundering :)
July 2018 - Paul Roach
There were a number of videos shown but the volume output from the laptop used was too low to hear them properly
Locations & Dates
Types of Courses
Part 1 - Virtual training
Delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams / Zoom.