Gas Technology – Responsible Person (Gas) – Ministry of Defence (MOD) (MOD1)
5 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Raised awareness of the hazards and risks associated with MOD Gas Network Operations.
- Development of the skills and competencies required for the safe management of MOD gas networks.
- Understanding of the design, operating principles, and interrelationship of network components.
- Knowledge of the procedures to be applied when managing gas network operations.
Benefits for the employer
- Development of employees who can demonstrate an ability to contribute to the Management and safe execution of Gas Network Operations.
What you’ll learn on this course
- UK Gas Legislation, Standards, Codes and Procedures. The development and application of the MOD Exemplar Gas Network Safety Case.
- Gas Properties - Relative Density, Calorific Value, Wobbe Number, Limits of Flammability.
- The application of network analysis to evaluate the ability of existing MOD networks to comply with the requirements of the Gas Safety (Management) Regulations.
- Design procedures for replacement and maintenance of network components.
- Properties of materials utilised in network construction PE 80, PE 100 and Steel, Network Construction, Jointing and Under Pressure Connections. Connections of Mains and Services.
- Testing for Soundness, Purging and Commissioning. Application of SCO procedures to construction activities.
- Pressure Control, Pressure Management, Leakage Control, Condition Monitoring and Network Maintenance.
- Gas Meters, Domestic, Industrial and Commercial Installations.
- Liquified Petroleum Gas – LPG Storage, Installations, Hazards.
- MOD Gas Safety Management Plans and Emergency Procedures.
How is the training delivered?
- The theoretical aspects of the course are delivered in-classroom, with practical appreciation carried out in workshop.
- Course assessment is provided through completion of open book assignments based on workplace scenarios.
- Certificate from Develop Training Ltd.