Legionella: Role of the Responsible Person / Duty Holder / Landlord (WS1)
Course, delivered as In-centre or Virtual training, that has been designed for those involved in managing the risk of legionella bacteria in water systems that pose a reasonably foreseeable risk. They may include (but are not limited to) Duty Holders / Responsible Persons / Deputy Responsible Persons / Landlords.
2 day course
Benefits for the learner
- Greater understanding of the duties / responsibilities / technical factors concerning water and water systems for the Duty Holder, Responsible Person and Landlord, to enable effective appointment, supervision, implementation and control of risk associated with legionella bacteria.
Benefits for the employer
- Compliance with the "L8 Fourth edition" code of practice and HSG 274 Technical Guidance.
- More effective management of the risk associated with legionella bacteria.
- Reduced risk of associated moral / legal / financial implications associated with prosecution for poor legionella control.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Legionellosis Refresher.
- HSE Approved Code of Practice and Technical Guidance Document.
- Duty Holder and Appointed Competent Person (Responsible Person).
- Legionella Risk Assessing.
- Written Control Scheme.
- Water System Design and Commissioning.
- Shared Premises and Residential Accommodation Lettings.
- Special Consideration for Healthcare and Care Homes.
- Microbial Monitoring.
- HSE Inspection.
How is the training delivered?
- In-centre or Virtual training
- In-centre: Learning will come in a classroom environment in the form of trainer explanation, group discussions, videos, practical classroom exercises and will be broken up with breakout sessions.
- Virtual: This course is delivered in a virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams or Zoom) with a trainer delivering the course materials live.
- The City and Guilds accreditation is assessed through written tests.
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Accredited Scheme.
April 2022 - Dan wilkinson
The training delivery by Dan was fantastic! For something that was very much legislation driven on day 1, Dan still managed to keep people interested! His knowledge on the subject and others were phenomenal! Really well delivered; one of the best trainers I've met! Keep doing what you are doing Dan! Please make sure he receives this feedback! Thanks Dan W
March 2022 - Rachael Hall
Thanks Dan, a great couple of days training
February 2022 - Nick morrison
Very informative instructor. Dan made the course funny as well as serious.
January 2022 - Kate Smith
Dan delivered the course extremely well, his knowledge of legionella was incredible He made the course interesting, interactive & also helped with queries Thank you Dan
December 2021 - Mark Green
I thought the training jumped around a bit and didn’t follow the training booklet which made it slightly confusing. It would have been useful if told which page we were working on.
July 2021 - Nick Smith
Dan is a very knowledgeable, patient, interesting and engaging course leader.
November 2020 - Tom Longman
Dan was very knowledgeable and presented the course extremely well. I feel that the course should be conducted over 3 days as some of the modules felt a little rushed and also more of Dan's experience could then have been injected in explaining certain areas.
October 2020 - Deborah Teresa Gill
I felt included and was constantly encouraged on my participation. The trainer was engaging and expalined things in an easier to understand manner.
October 2020 - Russell Denton
Dan presented "who wants to be a legionaire" - a really good twist to liven up the course, and he kept everyone involved and motivated
October 2020 - David James Bennett
I found our trainer Dan to be very clear and made sure all attendees were included in the course. He presented all the modules in a way that everyone could understand and despite the issues with Covid and social distancing he managed to keep an interactive element to the class.
September 2020 - Malcolm James McEwan
The knowledge and experience of the trainer meant he was able to give examples that were relevant to each of the students individual situations.
September 2020 - Michael Carey
Course content, varied and interesting.
September 2020 - David Mark Hamilton
It was a fairly relaxed and not too intense training event. The Tutor was very Covid -19 aware and should be applauded for insisting to the hotel that we sit 2 to a table at lunch not 4 as they wanted in order to fit everybody in.
September 2020 - Thomas William Russell
Dan was very knowledgeable and I came away feeling confident that I knew what to do.
August 2020 - Les Whymant
The comradeship of attendees and instructor, It made a very pleasurable environment.
Locations & Dates
Types of Courses
Part 1 - Virtual training
Delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams / Zoom.